luni, 21 aprilie 2008

Daniel Radcliffe is Jack Kipling in ‘My Boy Jack’


Daniel Radcliffe who achieved fame through ” Harry Potter” adventures is all set to star in “My Boy Jack”. He stars as John “Jack” Kipling, the son of Rudyard Kipling.

My Boy Jack is a 1997 play by English actor David Haig. It tells the story of Rudyard Kipling, and his grief for his son, John, who died in World War I. The title comes from Kipling’s 1915 poem, My Boy Jack.

Kipling wrote the poem after his beloved son, John (called Jack) went missing in the Battle of Loos, during World War I. It was years before Kipling and his family had Jack’s death confirmed. In 1992, the site believed to hold Jack Kipling’s body was found and a gravestone erected. Five years later, war historians Tonie and Valmai Holt declared that the stone stood over the grave of the wrong man and asked for the case to be reopened.

In the play Kipling is seen reciting his poem at the end.

Kim Cattrall delivers a surprisingly restrained performance as Kipling’s American-born wife, Carrie (Caroline Balestier.)

Niciun comentariu: